When you close the Press door it automatically locks in preparation for pressing the Pack inside.
This process takes about 3 seconds, during which the door will remain locked. If the Press doesn't detect a Pack, the door will unlock and open.
Here are additional scenarios where the Press door won’t open:
- The Press isn’t powered on.
- When you first receive your new Press, the door will be locked by default. When you plug it in, it will go through a series of booting up sequences and then the door will automatically unlock.
- The Press is ready to make juice.
- When you place a Pack in the Press and close the door, the door locks automatically. The Press will then scan the QR code on the Pack to confirm that it’s press ready and you can make juice. If the Press can’t read the QR code, the door will unlock and you can either close the door and try again or reference or Pack troubleshooting article.
- The Press is actively pressing a Pack.
- The door will remain locked until all the juice has been extracted and the Press platens have retracted completely, at which point it will automatically unlock.
- The Press is downloading a new firmware update.