Make sure you've downloaded the Juicero app and are logged in.
Connecting your Press to the internet is done via the app. It will guide you through each step of the setup process, which should only take a few minutes. To download the Juicero App, visit the Google Play™ store or Apple App Store®.
If you are running into trouble with a specific part of the connection process, read on. We’ve listed a few troubleshooting tips that should help. The first thing to check is the color of the cloud inside your Press next to the scanner window. Each color signifies a specific type issue type. Next, try power cycling (unplugging for about a minute and plugging back in) your Wi-Fi router.
1. Open the Juicero App on your phone, choose the PRESS ICON located on the menu bar at the bottom of your screen, and then choose the SETTINGS located towards the upper left.
2. Choose Troubleshoot Your Network.
3. Choose the color that matches what the cloud icon on your Press is displaying.
- Possible issue: Press is not connected to the internet.
- Solution: Verify that your Wi-Fi network is connected to the internet.
- Possible issue: Router configuration filters by MAC address. (In layman’s terms: every device that can connect to a network has a MAC address. Your network only allows permitted MAC addresses it recognizes to connect.)
- Solution: Add your Press’s MAC address—located on the handle on back of the device—to your network’s list of permitted MAC addresses. For an exact how-to, consult your router’s instruction manual.
- Possible issue: The Juicero network is down.
- Solution: Give us some time to fix things internally and try again later.
- Possible issue: SSID and/or password for Wi-Fi network is incorrect.
- Solution: Verify network credentials, then try to connect again.
- Possible issue: Press/phone is connected to a public network (for instance, in San Francisco, you may be connected to a public Xfinity network), not a home network.
- Solution: Connect to your home network from your phone's Wi-Fi settings and then try connecting your Press through the app.
- Possible issue: Press/phone is connected to a 5 GHz network, rather than a 2.4 GHz network.
- Solution: The Press only connects to a 2.4 GHz wireless network and is 802.11b/g/n compatible.
- Note that, by default, the app displays the network the phone is currently connected to. If the network shown supports only 5 GHz, you will need to type in the name of a network that supports 2.4 GHz. It is not necessary for the phone and Press to be connected to the same network.
- Pro tip: If you're on a Mac computer, hold down the option key and select the Wi-Fi icon in your menu bar. Reference the Channel to see if you're connected to 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz.
- Possible issue: The Press’s network connection is too weak.
- Solution: Move the Press within closer range of the Wi-Fi network.
- Possible issue: The Press is still set to factory settings.
- Solution: Use the Juicero app to connect the Press to your Wi-Fi network.
If you still can't connect, give us a call at (650) 449-8944. We’d be happy to dig deeper and get this all sorted out.